How personalised do customers find your website experience, and why is it increasingly important to your business outcomes?
- 74% of consumers get frustrated when website content appears that has nothing to do with their interests.
- Personalized CTAs resulted in a 42% higher conversion rate than generic CTAs.
People are time-poor and are looking for rapid, in-context solutions that solve their problems and also they want to be made aware of new products that match their interests.
There are very simple efforts we can make to start to improve the experience of our visitors, and in doing so to increase their engagement and the probablilty of a conversion to a sale or lead. Some common examples include:
- To enable each visitor to connect to their social media profile from our website (e.g. Facebook) and share their details with us (age, name, interests...) so we can personalise
- To dynamically alter the content of a page to match the segment of the visitor profile
- To show the visitor the website or information relating to the country or city they are viewing from.
- To alter the page data according to the site that they were referred from
- To display new products based on their purchasing or browsing history
We should be looking to implement whatever features we can to ensure we stay relevant, current and keep our customers engaged.